The mission of the Edmonton Logos Society is to actively support Logos schools to effectively train and equip students through Christ-centred teaching to be the “salt” and “light of the world” (Matthew 5: 13,14).
The Edmonton Logos Society works in cooperation with Edmonton Public Schools in an advisory role to maintain the Program’s integrity. The Society represents parents of students enrolled in the Logos Program and consists of an executive board and parent representatives, as well as members. Annual memberships are offered to Logos families and individuals, which allows them the privilege of selecting their representatives, as well as voting on important issues concerning the Logos program at the AGM.
The Society maintains a website and provides opportunities for parents and students to come together and share experiences. Funds raised through membership fees and the website donations are used to enhance your child’s learning experience by providing Logos teachers with professional development opportunities, additional curriculum support and other Logos specific activities.
The Edmonton Logos Society board meets regularly and values all Logos parent’s opinions and involvement.
The Logos Society of Edmonton and its members
submit to the following Guidelines:
- The Logos Christian program operates under the jurisdiction and authority of the Edmonton Public School Board and is subject to such rules and regulations as the Board shall determine.
- The Edmonton Logos Society operates under the direction of a Board of Directors composed of seven lay persons, no more than two to come from any one denomination.
- Since the Edmonton Logos Society is a non-denominational organization dealing with the public school system, members of the clergy and religious orders are specifically prohibited from being elected to the Board of Directors. However, any parent will be eligible for election as a Logos School Representative.
- The Logos Christian program serves the elementary (including kindergarten) and junior high grades.
- Although parents are responsible for the transportation of their children to and from the school, busing service is available in some cases for a fee. Inquire at the school of your choice for details.